Wednesday, March 11, 2009

CC, Joba and Tex

Oof. Rough outing for C(rooked) C(ap) today. Let's hope he was just throwing fastballs and working on location. I haven't seen him in a Yankee uniform yet, but I hope the team makes him wear his cap the proper way instead of like a $2 thug. If I were the Yanks, I'd start collecting some of that $161M back in fines if he wears it crooked. Then again, if the guy goes out and wins 20 and brings a World Series championship, I guess I could live with it.

Speaking of wearing the cap weird, good to see Joba having a solid start yesterday. I still don't understand Yank fans who insist he stay in the bullpen. Those guys are dime a dozen - Billy Beane has proved that for years in Oakland. The guy has potential to be an ace. I'd rather have 150-175 innings out of Joba instead of 60-75 innings. During a season, there is roughly 1500 innings - why not have Joba pitch 10% or more instead of 5% or less of that total? Besides, I don't think I can stomach watching a $200M team trot out the Scranton-Wilkes Barre shuttle bus again. Please, let spring training be the only time I see Kei "Deer in Headlights" Igawa.

Hey Tex - save some of those hits for the real thing. We don't need a repeat of your slow start to the season with Arod gone for the first month+.

No comments:

Post a Comment