Sunday, March 8, 2009

Welcome Aboard

Hello and welcome to my blog. During the course of this season, I'll be providing game by game analysis and musings on the Boys from the Bronx.

Since the summer of 1978, I've been a fan of the Pinstripers. Scooter Rizzuto, Bill White and Frank Messer captured my imagination, describing Ron Guidry's fantastic season, Reggie's homeruns, Graig Nettles spectacular plays and the clutch hitting of Thurman Munson.

As a seven-year old, I would sneak a transistor radio into my bed, lowering the volume if I thought I heard my parents walking by my room. Some nights, I was able to stay awake for the whole game (longer than Rizzuto, whose voice mysteriously disappear after the seventh inning). Those times I didn't make it through the night, I would ask my dad first thing in the morning if the Yankees won. I can still recall my anger when my dad told me the bullpen blew a game for the great Gator.

Anyway, I hope anyone who reads my blog shares the love of the game as much as I do. Be forewarned though - This will not be an all positive, rah-rah, "Yankees are the greatest ever" reviews and rants. I'll call it as I see it. Just as I called for Joe Torre's job since the Yankees were embarrassed in the 2003 World Series against the Marlins. I'll save those opinions for another slow day.

-Conan

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that it is a pleasure to sit next to this Yankee Bomber. No one is safe including the ball boys. His quiet mumble is reserved only for his friends. It the kind of mumble that your Mother told you to stop doing so that people can understand you. His knowledge of the game is unmatched. I look forward to following his blog. For his remote sake I hope the Yankees accomplish some thing this year.

    ReplyDelete