Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Daisuke: Japanese for Dart Thrower

It looks like the Red Sox dart throwing champion, Daisuke Matsuzaka, was off target tonight, giving up 5 runs in the first, and his only, inning.  He threw 43 pitches and I hope my friend, John, who was going to the game tonight, didn't fall asleep while the Dart Thrower was doing his best not to have any Athletics make contact.  I get the feeling when I'm watching this guy that he is petrified to go after major league hitters, because he nibbles all around the plate and is constantly at the 100-120 pitch count by the 5th inning.  Hey Dart Thrower - "Trust your fielders."  Besides, you don't have Manny lumbering around in LF anymore.  

It's good to see ol' Yankee friend, Carl "American Idle" Pavano get lit up for Cleveland against the Royals.  It still amazes me this man has not been credited with one of the biggest heists in history when he robbed the Yankees of $39.5M over 4 seasons.  Pavano is due to pitch in Yankee Stadium on Saturday. I'm sure he'll receive a reception reminiscent of Reggie Jackson's return when he signed with the Angels.  If you don't remember, Reggie received a standing ovation, hit a HR that game against the Yanks, and received another standing ovation from the fans.  I hope Pavano is booed out of the new ballpark.  

No comments:

Post a Comment