Monday, April 20, 2009

Yankees Rained Out; Wang to Miss Start

The Yanks-Athletics game was rained out tonight.  The Pinstripers announced Chien-Ming Wang will miss his next start due to the rainout and off day, Thursday.  Pettitte will pitch tomorrow and Crooked Cap on Wednesday.  Joba, Burnett and Pettitte will pitch the weekend series against the Bosox.  

I'm hoping Joba tries to put another fastball in Kevin "Big Nugget" Youkilis' ear to try and throw the guy off his game.  Youkilis has been killing the ball since the season started.  I enjoy watching that big headed clown cry and moan every time Joba pitches inside.  Personally, I think Joba gets hypnotized by Youkilis' big dome and the ball just follows it like a planet orbiting the sun.

Ortiz has been slumping terribly, so I predict he'll come out of it when he faces the Yanks.  My prediction:  2 HRs.  It's amazing how most of the league finally caught up to Ortiz except the Yanks.  I still think Yanks money goes into everything but scouting.  I'm sure Dustin "Yoda" Pedrioia will bust out of his slump, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment